Toll Free Number
VX-4500-D0-50 VHF Mobile 50 Watt, 8 Channel
You Save: $74.05 (16 %)
Item Number: VX-4500-D0-50
Optimized Mobile Communications
8 Channels (VX-4500)
50 Watts VHF / 45 Watts UHF (selectable)
VHF: 134 – 174 MHz
UHF: 450 – 512 MHz
6 Programmable Keys
8-Character numeric Display
FCC Narrowbanding Compliant
- Expanded Signaling and Security
- Both radios provide a full range of signaling
capabilities including 2-tone, 5-tone and MDC 1200® encode/decode for
Private communication is supported by built-in voice inversion
encryption. And, if a radio is ever lost or stolen, 5-tone remote
stun/kill/revive can be activated to ensure messages are only heard by
- Enhanced Audio Performance
- Features Channel Announcement which loudly speaks
the current channel description to simplify changing channels when
focused on other tasks simultaneously.
Includes voice activation (VOX) that enables users to transmit voice
without pressing the Push to Talk button on the microphone. Enables
hands-free operation for convenience.
In noisy environments, activate the Clear Voice function to enhance
audio transmit to ensure your message is heard. And, to ensure a radio
is not accidentally turned down too low, a minimum volume limit can be
programmed by your Dealer.
Whisper capability is also included to augment audio transmit when talking quietly is necessary for discreet communications.
Record and store up to 120 seconds for keeping an audible record of
important messages using the optional DVS-8 Voice Storage unit.
- When Safety Counts
- As with all Vertex Standard mobile radios, the VX-4500/4600 Series includes Emergency alert for enhanced driver safety.
Operators can activate the Lone Worker function when leaving equipment
or a vehicle temporarily. If a problem arises while away, the radio
switches to Emergency mode to alert help.
When constant contact is required at all times, Vertex Standard’s
exclusive Auto-Range Transpond System (ARTS™) is also included to inform
the user that another ARTS™-equipped radios are within communication
- Large Group Communications Made Easy to Manage
- The VX-4600 has 512-channel capacity and 32 groups
to easily manage a variety of calls at the most complex job site. For
smaller operations, the VX-4500 features 8 channels.
- Exclusive Auto-Range Transpond System – ARTS™
- Always know your connection status. Only Vertex
Standard radios are designed to inform you when you and another
ARTS™-equipped radio are within communication range. If out of range,
your radio senses no signal has been received and beeps to alert you. A
great solution to keep your workers coordinated.
For more information, download fact sheet.
- FCC Narrowbanding Compliant
- Meets the FCC Part 90 requirement for using 12.5 kHz channels by January 1, 2013.
- Additional Features
- • DTMF Paging
• DTMF ANI
• Speed dial (VX-4600)
• CTCSS / DCS Encode and Decode
• Busy Channel Lockout (BCLO)
• Busy Tone Lockout (BTLO)
•Time Out Timer (TOT)
• Minimum volume control
• Talk around
Priority scan, Dual priority scan, Dual watch scan, Follow-me scan,
Talk around scan, Talk back scan, Operator selectable scan, Group scan
• Manual squelch control
• D-sub 15 pin accessory connector
• Public address / horn alert
• Radio-to-radio cloning
- • DVS-8: Digital voice storage
• FVP-44: Rolling code encryption