Toll Free Number
Standard Channel Partner Update July 2010
Channel Partner Resource Summary Guide (072610)
FCC Narrowbanding Checklist
Help your 25 kHz customers get prepared to make the change to 12.5 kHz in sufficient time that supports their budget requirements.
Steps to Getting Prepared:
1. Understand the FCC deadlines and how to help your customers prepare
Watch Vertex Standard 7/13 Partner Webinar https://dealers.vertexstandard.com/indexExpiredSession.cfm
Review FCC documentation on FCC Narrowband Resource Center: www.vertexstandard.com/lmr
2. Obtain a list of customers who will need to make the switch to 12.5 kHZ
Contact Washington Radio Reports special offer to Vertex Standard Channel Partners for a free list of contacts in your area with a commitment to a services presentation by Dan Roberts. Call Dan at 770-366-3389 for details.
Contact Enterprise Wireless Association offers regional, state or customer license lists and provides frequency coordination, customer license management and direct consultations.
Contact EWA at: 800-482-8282 or 800-866-4222
3. Prioritize your contact list and develop a contact strategy to start talking to customers now
4. Schedule appointments
Use supplied telemarketing script for reference
5. Promote the compliance requirements to prospects or contacts not reached by phone
Send e-mail follow-up using e-mail template with your contact information
Send direct mail postcard with your contact information.
6. Promote compliance through all public outlets: trade shows, Internet site, stores
Distribute Narrowbanding Fact Sheet
Display pull-up banner or hang poster
7. Conduct customer meetings to educate about compliance requirements:
Use customer presentation and fact sheet
Play audio samples
8. Perform inventory assessment of customer’s radio fleet
Download inventory tracking template to record details.
Assess age of radio and consider upselling customers to new models versus reprogramming where applicable.
9. Arrange for relicensing services – encourage customers to get started now to avoid delays
FCC Narrowband Resource Center: www.vertexstandard.com/lmr
Vertex Standard Channel Partner Update July 2010
VERTEX STANDARD RADIO SUMMARY
Note: The following list is an update to what was presented during the July 13 webinar.
Current Models Programmable to 25 kHz and 12.5 kHz
Mobiles & Repeaters
Discontinued Models Programmable to 25 kHz and 12.5 kHz
Discontinued Models That Cannot Be Programmed to 12.5 kHz
Mobiles & Repeaters
**VX -10 was sold as either 25 kHz capable or 12.5 kHz capable but not both in the same radio. Check FCC ID or test radio on service monitor to determine bandwidth. If 25 kHz, it cannot be programmed to 12.5 kHz.